It's Saturday and I have been snuggled up on the couch for approximately 5 hours now. Well, I did get up for a couple of meals, but planted myself right back where I started after the food was consumed. Eventually I will have to shower and actually get dressed, but for now... lazy I will be!
I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for a little 5 for Friday!
1. I'm still loving every single thing about having Joelle at my school each day. This week we had a little extra time together since I had the short after-school duty. We had several little girl talks and were able to catch up before hurrying out the door. I am cherishing these moments!!! On a sidenote- I only fixed my hair once last week. I wore far too many ponytails with a bang bump. It's time to wake up a little earlier!
2. Speaking of Joelle... this happened. "If I were a teacher for the day I would shake my booty in (front of) the whole class."
and she would... she really would!
3. AND, Joelle and I have become obsessed with this cute cockapoo on Instagram. I'm fairly certain I need Charley to come live with me ASAP. I even have matching green sunglasses. #meanttobe
4. Now let's talk about actual classroom happenings. We are regrouping like crazy. I used some of my new dice from Amazon with my kiddos this week. They loved rolling numbers before adding!
I also used THIS freebie as a Regrouping challenge on Friday. There are 30 problems that I posted around the room. I gave my kiddos about 30 minutes to complete the problems. Anyone who completed them ON TIME and CORRECTLY received a small prize from me. I had so many students who were thisclose but only 4 out of 41 that were victorious! They were so excited to take on a challenge and worked like little busy bees! They asked if we could do something similar every Friday... sure thing, kiddos!
And, I know that I said I WOULD NOT be videoing this regrouping chant, but apparently I lied...
(right-click on the picture to save)
because this happened...
5. This week we finished up our Penguin Math Stations. This little friend's partner moved to a different homeroom, so he got to work with me. He soon found out that having me as a partner would help him get his work finished speedy quick! Turns out I'm not as much of a distraction as a 7/8 year old ;)
Okay, now I must shower. Y'all have a great weekend!